David Miscavige - An introduction
Chairman of the Board Religious Technology Center
and Ecclesiastical Leader of the Scientology Religion
David Miscavige is the ecclesiastical leader of the Scientology religion. From his position as Chairman of the Board of Religious Technology Center (RTC), Mr. Miscavige bears the ultimate responsibility for ensuring the standard and pure application of L. Ron Hubbard’s technologies of Dianetics and Scientology and for Keeping Scientology Working.
In that capacity, Mr. Miscavige has redefined the term “religious leader” to fit the tasks necessary to direct a truly unique, contemporary religion—a religion born in the twentieth century, which has achieved an unprecedented level of expansion in the twenty-first century, including some 9,000 Churches, Missions and affiliated groups across 165 nations.
Under Mr. Miscavige’s stewardship, Scientology-supported social betterment and humanitarian programs have touched the lives of billions. Mr. Hubbard’s religious works are more widely available than ever and the Church has achieved unprecedented growth both in physical size and in the reach of its ministry.
Such is the stamp of Mr. David Miscavige in fulfilling the vision and legacy of L. Ron Hubbard and such is the encapsulated story of his leadership:
- Guaranteeing the continued growth and expansion of Scientology internationally
- Making Scientology broadly available to people of all walks of life world over
- Developing programs to address society’s worst ills and providing the resources to put those programs into action
- Ensuring that the Scripture of Scientology is true to the Founder’s original writings
- Restoring Mr. Hubbard’s written works, recorded lectures and filmed lectures
- Seeing to the international dissemination of Scientology
- Creating Ideal Scientology Church Organizations
- Establishing two state-of-the-art digital publishing houses capable of producing 1.3 million books and 1 million CDs per week
- Inspiring the Volunteer Ministers Program, the world’s largest independent relief force, with more than 200,000 volunteers
- Securing official recognitions of the religion
- Presiding over nine annual globally broadcast events that serve as briefings for Scientologists on the Church's strategic programs