Mr. David Miscavige, Chairman of the Board Religious Technology Center and ecclesiastical leader of the Scientology religion, officiated at the Church of Scientology of Sacramento dedication ceremony.
The Church’s new home, located just blocks from the State Capitol, is one of the city’s most prominent architectural landmarks. Originally opened in 1930 as the Ramona Hotel and designed by California’s first state architect, the building is Sacramento’s finest surviving example of the Spanish Colonial Revival style. The Church meticulously preserved the building’s structure and restored its features to their original glory, including the characteristic stucco, ornamental glazed brick and terra cotta tiles, decorative iron accents and the original blade sign. All restoration was planned and executed for minimal environmental impact and maximum sustainability, meeting the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) gold certification standards.
In signifying the importance of this new Church, Mr. Miscavige said:
“The dedication of this new Church signifies a solemn pledge. It’s a pledge to employ the full measure of what lies within those walls on behalf of this City. It’s a pledge to make a world of which we can be proud. A world without insanity, criminality, illiteracy and immorality; a world where the able can prosper, where honest beings have rights and where all are free to rise to greater heights. That’s our responsibility as Scientologists. And, yes, a responsibility we willingly embrace.”
Who is David Miscavige? - A Biography
Labels: church of scientology, David Miscavige, Ideal Org, sacrament, Scientology